My 2012 LBB Strategic Planner
According to Harvard University it is the difference between leaders and followers. The wealthiest leaders in the world set goals and go for them with passion. Followers fail to set goals and tend to find themselves in the same circumstance time and again. At La Bella Baskets our goal is to create leaders.
Setting goals means standing in possibility. It requires belief that anything is possible. It also requires faith and desire. People have been achieving incredible things since the beginning of time. The truth is that we are given the gift of goal getting and it is here for everyone to use, not just a chosen few.
Only you can decide what you want. Once you are clear, the path will be revealed. The question is, are you willing to embark on the journey?
I read a book the other day called, Unstoppable by Cynthia Kersey, the first chapter details the story of a boy who has a goal of getting a university degree in America. This perhaps is not so great except that the boy is from a poor, remote, tribal village in Africa and this boy has no money. He walks across Africa and undertakes a journey of learning and personal discovery. There were many times when he could have quit however his faith and desire to achieve the goal was so strong that he persisted.
What goals do you want to come true in 2012? What is it you truly want? Are you willing to undertake the journey? Are you willing to go through some challenges in order to get what you want? What if the life of your dreams lies on the other side of rejection, fear and apathy? What if you are so close to having it all and simply going through some challenges is all it takes?
The honest truth is that to achieve anything great is going to take some risk and maybe even some pain. Of all of our successes, we can honestly say that it didn't come with a bit of discomfort. Big goals can come with some fatigue, aches and disappointments however it is the person that emerges on the other side that becomes victorious in the goal. With this in mind I encourage you to undertake the powerful process of goal setting using the La Bella Baskets Goal Planner available absolutely free on our website. Make 2012 your year, become unstoppable in your own right. Set your goals, focus in on your dreams, have faith and take action. Everything you want is waiting for you as long as you can persist.
Here is to your massive success!
Janis & Mia
SECTON ONE – THE MISSION AND VISION
My Mission Statement
A mission statement is a brief description of the overriding focus and principles of your business. Your mission statement helps you to make decisions and provides guidance to your enterprise.
My Vision Statement - What I Am Attracting In 2012
A brief description of what types of people, values, revenue, relationships, characteristics and energies that you will attract this year.
SECTION TWO – I AM ALREADY STRONG ENOUGH TO ATTRACT WHAT I WANT IN 2012
My Strengths – What I Choose To Honor In Myself
List as many of your strengths as possible.
SECTION THREE – CREATING A CLEARING FOR SUCCESS
In order to attract greater abundance, better relationships, money, quality experiences and whatever else you desire you must create a clearing. Here is La Bella Baskets check list of places where you can begin.
When you have clutter in your life energy stagnates. If you create space for abundance to flow – it will…..period!!!
1. Donate clothes to charity.
2. Clean out briefcase or handbag.
3. Clear out closets.
4. Clear out storage area.
5. Clear out garage.
6. Organize office.
7. Open additional bank accounts – please refer to the La Bella Baskets Volume 1 C.D. on money.
8. Release bad debt.
9. Consolidate debt.
10. Clear out files.
11. Book a physical or annual check-up.
12. Book a teeth cleaning or dental appointment.
13. Purge old business materials that are out of date.
14. Tidy up ‘junk’ drawer in your kitchen.
15. Collect loose change around the house and donate it to a favorite cause or use it to pay bills.
16. Clean out desk.
SECTION FOUR – MY TOP GOALS
After you have completed the rest of this booklet, come back and list your top goals here. Be specific.
My Number One Business Goal For 2012
My Number One Personal Goal For 2012
My Number One Relationship Goal For 2012
My Number One Financial Goal For 2012
My Number One Fun Goal For 2012
My Number One Health Goal For 2012
My Number One Giving Back Goal for 2012
Note: Take time to look at this section at least once per month. This will help you realize your goals and keep you focused.
SECTION FIVE – MY BUSINESS PLANNER
Part One - Technology and Organization
The following is a list of technological and organizational pieces that will assist you in building your home based business. Have a look at the list and check off the items you require in 2012. Do not let money hinder you. Expect that you will have enough income to acquire what you need.
• Business cards.
• Business email address.
• Dedicated business phone line.
• Business promotional tools such as flyers, newspapers, booklets, etc.
• Cell phone.
• Cell phone calling plan.
• Long distance calling plan.
• Internet connection – high speed.
• Head set for phone.
• Large white board for office to keep track of ongoing projects.
• Separate business bank account.
• Separate desk.
• Designated work space.
• Day planner or electronic organizer.
• MS Excel or another spreadsheet program to log weekly progress.
• Separate area for business receipts
• Set hours of operation for your business.
• Fax machine.
• Adobe Reader –free download that will allow you to read PDF files.
• Personal assistant.
Part Two – My Hours of Operation
It is critical that you have set hours of operation with which to work your business. Take one day completely off for family and fun. It is important to be rejuvenated at the beginning of your week.
This year I will vacation on the following days of the following months:
MonthDayDestination (optional) Part Three -Evaluating Your Success
Complete this section carefully. Our tendency is to beat ourselves up needlessly. We all have successes, even in our apparent failures.
1. Why do I want to do this business?
2. What will my life look like when I reach my goals for this coming year?
3. How have I grown from owning a business?
4. What excites me about the coming year?
5. What worked well, in the past year, to help me grow my business?
6. What were my challenges?
7. What action(s) can I take to overcome these?
8. The following people support my goals and dreams:
9. What would I like to do differently this year?
10. How do I plan to create my success this year?
11. How will I keep myself motivated?
12. How would I feel if I wasn’t pursuing my dreams?
Part Four – My Top 10 Business Goals for 2012– write them in the present. Make them specific and meaningful.
SECTION SIX – MY PERSONAL PEROGATIVE
Your personal goals encompass those things that have particular meaning to you. It could be taking a course, climbing a mountain, whatever. The point is that these goals hold meaning. Personal goals take us to a new level. In achieving them we become more.
Part One – Who Am I?
Take a moment to list some of the things people say about you as a person.
Part Two–Who Would I Like To Be?
Now take a moment to write out some descriptors of what you would like people to say about you.
Part Three– Personal Goals – Write out your top 10 personal goals that will get you to being that person you want to be.
SECTION SEVEN – POWERFUL RELATIONSHIPS
Relationships are those interactions with family, friends, loved ones, strangers and any higher being you believe in. Our relationships, those people we surround ourselves with, mirror our personal beliefs about ourselves. We attract, to our reality, people who support our self image. The following questions will help you create better relationships and move forward this year.
Part One– Your Relationship Overview
1. List 5 positive people you know.
2. Of these people, who would you like to develop a better relationship with this year?
3. How can you improve/develop this relationship?
4. List a person who is achieving what you would like to achieve either personally, professionally or spiritually.
5. Book a mentoring call or meeting with this person. My interview with ________________ is on __________________ the _______ at __________ a.m./p.m.
6. Ask someone how they view you. Please ask them to be perfectly honest. We are rarely objective with ourselves. Below, list the traits they see.
7. This year I would like to attract people with the following characteristics into my life.
8. What do you bring to relationships?
9. The following people nurture me and support my dreams.
Part Two – My Relationship Goals for 2012
SECTION EIGHT – MY FINANCIAL PICTURE
Here you are looking at the big financial picture. In order to be successful at any business you must have a financial plan and stick to it. Additionally, it is important to have your own financial support system of professionals.
1. My current savings including stocks, bonds, annuities, trusts, mutual funds, 401K, RRSP’s, home equity, insurance policies, cash, etc. is:
2. My current debt is:
3. My assets minus my debt is:
4. Currently I am saving receipts and writing off the following:
(Please check with your accountant on the following items. Make sure you have an accountant who specializes in home based or small business. Your tax write-off’s and returns contribute to your annual income. This is important because many people enjoy the benefits of writing off things they would use anyway).
a. Cell phone.
b. Land phone.
e. Mileage on my car.
f. A portion of my car lease or loan as it relates to business.
g. The portion of my home/apartment for my office.
h. The portion of my home/apartment used for in-home presentations.
i. Television when used for presentations.
j. DVD player.
k. Long distance service.
l. The portion of the interest on my mortgage used for home office/presentation areas.
m. Bank and credit card service fees.
n. Office supplies.
o. Travel as it relates to business or prospecting.
p. Conventions and personal development seminars.
q. Palm Pilot/Organizer.
r. Portable DVD player.
s. Computer software as it relates to your business.
t. Groceries for in-home presentations.
u. Restaurant receipts for meetings.
v. Product for display or demo purposes.
w. Meals and entertainment with business associates.
5. My financial support team will include the following in 2012:
a. Financial planner – service is free at banks if investing in RRSP’s or 401K’s specifically.
b. Bookkeeper – you can do this yourself initially.
6. My monthly re-investment into my business will be ____ per cent of what I make.
7. My monthly savings will be ______ per cent of what I make.
8. I will pay _________ on my debt monthly.
9. I will be debt free on _________________________.
10. I will have _______________ in liquid assets on December 31st, 2012.
11. My annual income for 2012 will be ___________ and this excites me because I will be able to have _____________ in savings, travel, buy the things I want and have a very comfortable year. I will be bringing in weekly/monthly checks exceeding ____________. That will be wonderful. I am so excited to make ____________________this year.
‘Whatever the mind of man can conceive and believe he can achieve.’ Napoleon Hill
My Top Ten Financial Goals for 2012 Are:
SECTION NINE – I CHOOSE TO HAVE FUN IN MY LIFE
Everyone can benefit from finding the child within. Life is too short to not enjoy it. As business builders, it is important to have fun along the way. For this section, let your mind be as open as possible – just have fun!!!
1. These things are considered fun to me:
2. In 2012, I will commit to doing at least one fun thing every month. This is important to me because I need more fun in my life. Stopping to smell the roses is key to appreciating the journey. I will commit to the following fun things in each month:
My Top Ten Fun Goals For 2012 Are:
SECTION TEN – HEALTH IS MY FOUNDATION
Your health is the most important thing. You have nothing without it. In 2012, make it your healthiest year ever.
1. Presently I would describe my health as being:
2. I intend to improve in 2012 by:
3. My health support team includes:
i. Asian Health Practitioner
j. Gym Membership
k. Personal Trainer
l. Yoga Class
n. Other _________________.
4. In 2012 I will exercise _______times/week.
5. On December 31st, 2012 I will be (paint a picture of your health):
My top ten health goals for 2012 are:
SECTION ELEVEN – I LIVE A LIFE OF GRATITUDE – GIVING BACK
Leading a life of gratitude will attract everything you desire and more. When we give, we receive without question. You can give back of time, of money, of material things and in many other ways. In this section we take you to a place of living with gratitude.
Part One – I am so grateful for…..(list 10 things, people, experiences that you are grateful for in your life)
Part Two – Take Time Daily For Gratitude
At the end of each day I, __________________________, will take a few moments to list 10 things I am grateful for. I choose to live a live of gratitude.
Part Three– Giving Back
Here is a list of ways you can give back. There are many more.
•Donate good used clothes to a shelter, family services, a mission project, Good Will, etc. •Make food for a single mom’s group. •Donate your time. •Sponsor a child (here at La Bella Baskets we are committed to enhancing the lives of children around the world through World Vision and the United Nations High Commission on Refugees. •Serve a meal at a shelter. •Donate good toys to a day care or play center. •Donate old sleeping bags to a homeless shelter. •Volunteer at a senior’s center. •Join a group that focuses on the betterment of your community. •Donate money – tithe.
There are so many wonderful ways to give of yourself. The greatest blessing is to give without expectation.
Congratulations! You have completed the 2012 La Bella Baskets Planner. We wish you every blessing, every success, every joy, every offering that this year holds.
Go back to the beginning and list your top goals in the areas of focus. Take time to look at your planner at least once per month. Acknowledge your successes along the way. When you set goals, focus on them, take daily actions to achieve them and show gratitude – the World becomes your candy store.