There are so many ways to share the business. The market is truly wide open!
You can build a large thriving team that will continue rewarding you for the rest of your career by online or offline recruiting. If you wish to build strictly online, visit our team building center. However, nothing beats face to face relationships. Being in front of people helps them trust you. People join teams with people that they trust. Share your opportunity when you run errands, go to your kids school or even when you go to your gym. Don’t replace that in person contact with hiding behind your computer.
Below are our best team building tips.
1. Practice Recruiting Conversations. Share don’t Sell. Forget about trying to convince people to join. When you look desperate, people can tell. Share how much fun you are having and what this business has brought to you life. People want a piece of that. Get the attitude, “Some will, some won’t, so what.” and keep moving. Don’t get caught up if people join, just keep moving with a positive attitude and people will join.
2. Do not prejudge. We are all guilty of this. When it comes down to it, pre-judging people comes down to our fear of being denied. We need to get over this one or we really run the risk of losing some amazing superstars on our teams and also changing the lives of some people that we have never dreamed possible. Once we start our own direct sales business, it is our job to share the opportunity with anyone and everyone that we come in contact with. It is not our place to decide if our opportunity is a fit for them or not. It doesn’t matter if someone looks like they can afford the business or not or whether they have a career or they are a stay at home mom, you never know what is going on in a person’s life where our business maybe just what they are looking for. Imagine you have a bag of unlimited gifts. Wouldn’t it be a great feeling to give every single person a pretty little box wrapped with a ribbon no matter who they are or what they have going on in their life. Well, your business opportunity is that beautifully wrapped package. Give them to everyone you meet.1. If you do a gift social with a host, always invite every host to join your team. Hosts no how this works. Some are really good at it. Whether they are good or not, ask every single host if she would like to earn the commission on her gift social and make it her own. When she sees the commission she can earn, you see the wheels start turning and possibilities flying. Ask every single host if they would want to join your team. This is probably the best way to get lots of team members!
3. Just ask. Its that simple. Meet someone you gravitate towards. you simply say, “Wow I just love you. You have a great positive attitude. Have you ever thought about doing something like this? You would be great at it.” They might say no and that's okay. Maybe the timing is not right for them but plant the seed and see what they say. You never know.
4. Ask for Referrals. If you don’t get the feeling that the person you are talking to is interested in this business, be sure you say something like, “I am looking to grow my team in this area. If there is anyone you know that would love something like this, please let me know or get me their information.” Asking for referrals takes the pressure off both you and the prospect and also allows you to ask about their network of friends.
5. Believe in your Company and what you have to offer. If you doubt your business, if you doubt the company, if you feel weird about being a direct sales consultant, then you will project that. You don’t need to know everything, you just need to truly believe that what you have to offer can change someone’s life. This opportunity is too good to keep it to yourself. Run around with that bag full of gifts with the idea that you can’t wait to give them all away. We all have bad days in this business. It happens to the best of us but always go back to the day you enrolled into the business. That will reinvigorate you and get you excited to share that moment with someone else.
6. Get out of your house. When consultants first start, many want to only have Facebook gift socials or catalog parties or they want all the secret tips to building their business online. Those are great ways to add to your business, but nothing beats face to face relationships. Once you host gift socials, you will see that your business will grow much faster. Being in front of people helps them trust you. People join teams with people that they trust. Share your opportunity when you run errands, got to your kids school or even when you go to your gym. Don’t replace that in person contact with hiding behind your computer. You will have to work 5 times harder than you would by scheduling gift socials.
7. Use Affirmations & Mantras. Repeat what you want in the present tense. “I love growing my team by 5 people this month”, “I love promoting to director” Repeating positive mantras creates what you want in the Universe to be true. This tip alone…..changes people's lives!
8. Opportunity Nights. People usually feel pressured at gift socials to give an answer about joining. Use your team and have opportunity nights either in person or via webinar. We highly recommend your opportunity nights are conducted in a way that they can see your face and not just by phone. People feel connected when they can see you. For example, do 1-2 opportunity nights a month. That will really help new people feel a part of your team before they even join.
9. Systems! Systems! Systems! If you plan to build a team, you must have systems in place. Things like welcoming people aboard, showing them the back office, helping them with their launch party. Look into Focal Point system.
10. Use Social Media to Share Milestones. Are you at team meeting? Did you move up a pin level? Share those moments on social media. Trust me, people are watching you. They want to see if you stick with it. You don’t always have to be posting sales and products. Post moments. That is what people want to see.
11. Visualization. Picture yourself where you want to be. Make vision boards. Post your title where you can see it. Fact is, you are what you think about. Picture what it looks like on stage or looking at that promotion certificate. It works.
12. A PLANTING SEED BOOK! Starting this book probably became the biggest game changer for me. Along with no prejudging, I put every single name in this book that I shared the business with. Every single person gets their own new fresh page. On the page, I put their name and then the date and every single time I would follow up with them. The follow ups may include a phone call, text message, card in the mail or Facebook Message, but I would list every single one with the date. There are only two ways to get your name out of my seed book. They would either have to say, “Quit stalking me, I’ll never be interested ever.” or they say, “I’m signing up right now.” I take my seed book every where I go so when I have down time like doctors offices, I will take out my seed book and begin making follow up text messages or phone calls.
13. Positive Mindset. SMILE! Not only do you need to change the way you think about your business, you need to be aware of your demeanor in public at all times and that includes on Social Media. People are watching you every single day and they will gravitate towards someone who is a ray of sunshine. Smile in person and definitely smile online. It is so easy for us to run to Twitter or Facebook to vent when we have a bad day but truth be told, that only hurts your business. We all have bad days or become irritated with certain situations but your customers (who are your potential team members) should never see this. Find a buddy you can vent to or take a minute to be alone but keep the negativity out of your business if your goal is to attract new team members. This also goes for complaining about personal issues. This all tends to go together. It doesn’t really matter the topic. People want more positivity in their life so they will surely steer clear of choosing you as their mentor if the only thing they hear you doing is constantly voicing your complaints.
14. Knowledge is Power. Keep learning. Knowledge build confidence and that is who people gravitate towards. Never stop learning about your business and also outside training. Keep a library of books and always commit to finding new ideas of how to run your business.
15. Never stop. No matter how large your team gets. Never stop prospecting and adding names to your seed book.
16. Act Like a Leader. Do things Like a Leader. Whether you joined yesterday or 3 years ago. Whether your title is a Senior Gift Director or Exec. Diamond Gift Director, you should always be carrying yourself like a top leader and doing things a leader would do. That means, you should be staying in contact with your team, following up with customers, treating your business like a business and opening the retail doors every day. If you want to be a top leader, than you need to follow exactly what top leaders do. Ask questions. See what top people are doing that works for them and do what they do. Its that simple. Don’t try to reinvent the wheel.
17. Keep it Simple. Keep displays simple. Keep your answers simple. Keep your systems simple. Don’t over think of complicate this. If your entire process looks like something that will overwhelm a person, they will start to think they can’t do it. Keep everything you do easy to duplicate.
18. Believe in Yourself. You must believe in yourself. You must know that you are no different than anyone else. The thing that makes us different from the consultant next to us is whether or not we dare to fight our fears. You are amazing. Go For It and quit letting fear hold you back from your dreams.
19. Just reminding you again… ASK! I’ll say it again. If you don’t ask people and let them know how great you think they would do at this. They will never join. You just have to ask. Plant the seeds. Water them. Build their confidence. One thing that has stuck with us sine we started this business was that people tell us, “you gave me the confidence that I never knew I had.” That became my why. If we are able to help one consultant come out of their shell and do things they never dreamed imaginable, then we are doing exactly what we are suppose to be doing.
Lastly, be authentic and share how this business will help others is really the recipe for success. Don’t try to over think it or make it more complicated than it has to be. Just remember the moment you joined, share that with someone else and watch the magic happen.